BudBud / Suman Recipe
- July 7, 2020
- Print this
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 5 cups coconut milk, first extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 thumb size ginger, crushed
- banana leaf for wrapping
- Step 1
- Wash malagkit (sticky rice) very well. Drain.
- Step 2
- In a pot, pour the coconut mill, salt, sugar and crushed ginger.
- Step 3
- When the sugar is fully mix, add the malagkit (glutinous rice) and stir constantly to prevent the rice from sticking into the pot/wok.
- Step 4
- Lower the heat, and cover the mixture with banana leaves for a few minutes.
- Step 5
- Wrap 2 tablespoon of the cooked malagkit in wilted banana leaves.
- Step 6
- Tie in pairs, and steam for about 30 minutes in a big pot.
- Step 7
- Serve with hot chocolate or ripe mangoes.